Sunday, June 6, 2010

Welcome to Garden Art Play

Hello. As you can see from my short description, I am the mama of a very creative grade schooler. She and her friends have helped me discover my first love - art. So how could I deny their request for an art group?

This summer, we will be exploring a world of color and creativity. We will be doing art based on favorite stories and poems, watercolor painting with straws, Artist inspired projects such as Chagall inspired dream collage and land art. Mostly my intent is for the kids to have fun. Join us on our summer projects.

Oh yes, where does the garden in garden, art, play come in? When weather and temperatures permit we will be meeting in the garden. I can't think of a better place to bring out their creativity; and if a child isn't having fun with a project, she/he can go for a swing nearby and still be a part of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment